I hesitate to post b/c this is clearly not as thrilling as Mandy's trip...but for out budget, it was perfect!
We went down to the Outer Banks with 7 other couples and stayed in Corolla, NC. We were only able to go down for the weekend, but we had a great time!
We went down to the Outer Banks with 7 other couples and stayed in Corolla, NC. We were only able to go down for the weekend, but we had a great time!
We visited the Wright Brother's Museum in Kitty Hawk... I was sorely disappointed that Nick did not know the Wright brothers names (Orville and Wilbur) and he guessed Frank and Lloyd. What an art major.
I think Nick would make a pretty cute astronaut...good to know if med school doesn't work out. :)
It was too cold to go in the water, but we found a place where you can drive along the coast and look for wild horses. It was really fun to have our car splashing in the waves.... (I was slightly scared of Nick's driving however...).
We also were able to see the Currituck lighthouse which was built in 1875.
It is rare that we have a picture of the BOTH of us taken by someone else- so whenever it happens, it is worth a post!
Here is a little tradition that goes back- people would hide stamps for others to find when they visited. We thought this was trash- but ta-da! It was the hidden stamp!
1 comment:
That house is amazing--I think one year we need to plan our family reunion to a beach house. Do you think we could ever mesh everyone's schedule?
Post a Comment