Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Day #7 - Manuel Antonio

After an EXTREMELY long day of driving (3 flat tires between the two cars, asking for directions multiple times, and about an hour delay trying to figure out how to get a passport shipped from the hotel we just left - the engaged kid left it in the safe) we finally made it to Manuel Antonio just in time to see the sunset.
The next morning we went to the national park, hiked around and enjoy the beach.
The great beaches right next to the forest - and yes, it does look like I'm trying to hold Joanne's hand.
View from our hike of Puenta Catedral.
There were 4 or 5 monkeys running through the trees right by the beach.
Our tour of the Mangrove Reserve.... kinda boring, but at least we got to see monkey's upclose. Some people fed them, but I still have an aversion to animals getting too close to me, luckily there was no screaming or trying to climb up Mom's leg.


3 comments:

Tilly said...

I am most def jealous!!!!!!!!! you lucky duck! its BEAutiful!

Nicholas said...

looks sweet...i am quite jealous. we'll have to talk soon so you can update me on everything you saw!

Nancy said...

Mandy, that looks so fun. I keep hearing so many people say they are heading to Costa Rica--maybe we'll venture there sometime.