Monday, March 02, 2009

Consider...



The next time the WHOLE family gets together-meaning not a top secret get away to Disney Land to play with Mickey without us-- I think the female folk should try to make some of these. I know we have a few seamstresses among us (myself definitely not included), so perhaps a pattern could be found. This type of re-discovered vintage apron is increasingly more popular, but some of the cuter ones are oh so costly (these are from anthropologie $30-$40!) Come June I am game for any activity that will involve the indoors and sitting.

4 comments:

Amanda said...

that is so funny that you said that... when i had my "autumn of amanda" and was trying to think of projects - aprons was on my list... a little different though. i have a few designs for different aprons... they're kinda like "dancing aprons" - one looks like a leotard/tutu combo, one looks like a salsa/flamanco dancer, and i think i even have one on the more scandalous side that looks like a corset... not really sure how these designs would look in real life, but they look fabulous in my imagination. and PS - you were both missed much this weekend - even the disney princesses said so.

Britt said...

First of all, it wasn't a secret! (Didn't your husband mention that I had told him?!) :) We missed you both so much... it will be much more fun next time with you guys + baby.
I have also thought about aprons! I thought of making them for Christmas gifts this year, but even better, let's sew together this summer. I was inspired by Nie Nie... have you read her blog? http://www.nieniedialogues.blogspot.com/ She's an amazing gal.

Tilly said...

well i missed you guys as well!!! i can come out to virginia and we could go to Disneyworld :)
those aprons are very cute! carly has one from anthro that i love!!!
but i guess you guys will just have to make one for me cuz i will be at school in june :(

Nancy said...

I think that would be so fun to have a sewing bee...did you decide when you want to come this summer---we missed you at Disneyland--not the same without the whole family.