We also got to make Oobleck and Flubber this week... how many of you got to do that at your work?
Monday, February 18, 2008
News from Third Grade....
Although Valentine's Day was complete chaos, it was pretty fun sharing it with my class. It amazes me how these little kids come from families that can't afford to feed them 2 meals a day, but they somehow find a way to bring something to their teacher. While the gesture of an already-opened box of chocolates is sweet, sometimes I do just have to smile knowing I will shortly dispose of it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Jenna, You are such a nice teacher to have a fun day for the kids on V-day. They must appreciate the efforts that you make---bringing you half-eaten boxes of chocolate and other treats when their resources are limited.
What a cute class you have! The half-eaten chocolates reminded me of Ethan giving Cami a valentine and a sucker with a note to "share this with Matt" since he ran out of suckers for his Valentines.
Actually, I do also get to make Oobleck at my work, too! :) Not to mention not-so-fun stuff like changing diapers.... I've been a day-care mommy for the past 2 1/2 weeks, so I've had up to 4 extra little voices calling "Mommy", "Mine!", and "What you doing?" all day long. Multiplying my normal work load by this much makes me realize how much effort really does go in to meeting basic needs, not to mention trying teach and do fun stuff with little kids.
Post a Comment