Thursday, June 22, 2006

Barbecuing, Bike Riding, Beaching, and Boating




We are making the most of this gorgeous time of year. We have been doing something to "celebrate summer" nearly every day. Piles of clean laundry sat in my room for 3 days this week because we were having too much fun outside. A family that Derek home teaches took us boating on Tuesday night-- Derek amazed everyone with his slalom skills-- I earned "cool" points with some of my Young Women that were there for getting up on the first try on the wakeboard-- and Ethan motivated some of the girls to get over their fears and go tubing with him.
Ethan has been going to "College for Kids--Math Maniacs" class in the mornings this week--Reid, Luke and I take bike rides around town while he's in school. Reid gets to start swim lessons next week with me in a Parent/Tot class.
Why didn't anyone inform me sooner that barbecueing is a sure-fire way to get husbands to help with cooking dinner? Fred let Derek in on the secret that the grill I gave him for Father's Day wasn't really a gift for him, but fortunately that hasn't dissuaded him-- we had tenderloin steaks last night that were soooo yummy!
Now that we have our camera back, we'll start taking more photos. We're hoping to make any of you jealous enough that you'll want to come visit our quaint little town. :)

1 comment:

Nicholas said...

I'll back you up on your comment about Boys and BBQ's. Tim got us one for our wedding picture, and now I look for any chance to use it. Looks beautiful out there, and that first picture of the boys might have made me laugh out loud a bit here at work.