

Despite Derek's protests, we allowed Maggie in the picture with Reid. 
Christmas Pajamas from Grandma Nancy!!! Thank you! We love them and have been wearing them throughout the month!
Buzz Lightyear and Jack-Jack made appearances Christmas morning.
Geo-Trax are a hit as always, from Grandma and Grandpa.
Britt received 3 beautiful scarves from Mandy and Derek-- I love them all!!!
We have all had a great Christmas holiday so far. It has been one of my favorites because it was the first year that the kids were really excited about Santa coming and seeing the excitement and anticipation in them has been a thrill. Ethan, Reid, and even Luke have memorized parts of the Nativity story from the book of Luke as we have read from it every night since December 1. It is very exciting to see what their little minds are capable of and has motivated us to continue memorizing seminary mastery scriptures throughout the year... I think it will be easier to encourage them now than it will be when they're teen agers. :) Ethan and Reid can recite Isaiah 9:6, Luke 2:6-7 and Luke 2:10-11 ver batim, and Luke's line was that the Angel said, Fear "NOT!".On Christmas Eve Day we went to Church, came home and had Christmas Eve Dinner in the afternoon, and then put on our pajamas, did the Nativity story and songs, and then took a Christmas Eve walk to look at lights in the nearby neighborhoods. It was a beautiful, clear night, and Reid kept pointing out "Another first star!" Luke would point to the lights and say, "Cool! Cool!"
Ethan came into our bed at 5:55 am and announced that he had obeyed, and came to get us first before going down to see his presents. We convinced him to sleep with us for another 45 minutes before Luke got up, and was still half asleep as he was saying, "Cars, cars." 4 people in a double bed is pretty crowded, plus we were as excited as the kids, so we sent Ethan to wake Reid and Grandma and Grandpa up. We were downstairs to see what Santa brought by 7 am. The kids were so cute and thrilled, and were content to play with those gifts and their stocking stuffers for about 2 hours. Luke was thrilled with a 50 cent Matchbox car.... why we spend more than that on little ones, I don't know. (Well, yes I do... because the thrill for us of seeing them discover something new is worth it.) Once Ethan began opening presents, though, he was on a roll and didn't want to stop until all the gifts were opened. Reid was at the "perfect" Christmas age this year... he believed in Santa with out a doubt, and he was thrilled with every present he opened, expressing his enthusiasm with every superlative that he knows: "I love this!" "This is my favorite!" "I've always wanted this!"
Mom and Dad, the boys loved the Geo-Trax, and theshirts you sent are so cute.
Mandy, the boys loved the SeaMonkeys, Strega Nona, Doggie PlayDoh, and Luke especially liked the soft shirts.
Nick and Jenna, we love homemade popcorn, and needed a new popper (ours broke) so thank you!
Cami and Matt, we took the kids to see Charlotte's Web the other day and the kids especially loved the movie treats. (We may stilll go see Happy Feet, but I've heard different things about the "politics" behind the movie, which is why we haven't gone yet. :) ) So thank you, the kids love to go to the theater!
And the sweaters, books, and manicure kit were all very well-chosen and perfect for me and Derek. Thank you all!!!
I was ready to go back to sleep by 11 am, but had to clean up to make room for the missionaries. We had fun playing Blockus with them for the hour that they were here.
I did get a very relaxing nap, while Luke also slept and Derek set up his weight bench and dumbbells that I gave him.
In the evening Nori, Derek and I put together a puzzle, carrying one of the Weaver Family Traditions, which I really enjoy. It's neat to take time to use your brain in fun ways like that, that we so rarely do once we "grow up."
Despite the peace and joy that I felt throughout the day, I went to bed feeling a little melancholy, I guessed because the stress and anticipation that I had carried for the past month finally came to an end. But then it occurred to me that this was my first Christmas away from my side of the family, and I really missed being with you all. I hope that the gifts I sent give you an inkling of how much I love you... Mom and Dad, I'm sorry you don't have yours yet... I hope you know that I am so grateful for what you have given me throughout my life, and all that you continue to give to me and my family... you are so good to us, and you brought me up so well. I miss you and look forward to spending more holidays with you soon!
More to come, but I'd better spend some time playing with the boys. :) Enjoy the snow!
No comments:
Post a Comment